What Is Psoriasis? What Are The Symptoms of Psoriasis? What Causes Psoriasis?

What is psoriasis?

Psoriasis is a common, chronic skin condition characterized by red, itchy patches and thick, silvery scales. The main cause is suspected contributed due to autoimmunity, and patients usually experience alternating periods of flares and remissions. Some patients may have light symptoms which cause only annoying disturbances, while others may develop more severe symptoms that can limit movements.

What are the symptoms of psoriasis?

One of the most common symptoms of psoriasis is the existence of one or more small patches of thick skin on the elbow, knees or back regions. Even though the affected regions are not painful, but their visibility is often embarrassing. This might impose great psychological effects onto patients; disrupted social interactions and diminished self-confidence are usually seen in affected patients.

In fact, there are five main types of psoriasis, each of which characterized by different symptoms:

1. Erythrodermic psoriasis: Intense red, peeling rash affecting a large area of the body
2. Guttate psoriasis: Small, reddish pink sores or spots on the trunk, arms, legs, and/or scalp
3. Inverse psoriasis: Smooth patches of redness and irritation on the skin of the armpits and groin
4. Plaque psoriasis: Thick, red patches of skin covered with silvery white skin; this is the most common types of psoriasis
5. Pustular psoriasis: Blisters circled by irritated skin; may also develop fever, chills and fatigue.  

Apart from these five main types of psoriasis, there is also psoriasis arthritis, where it affects the joints of hands, knees and ankles resulting in pitted, discolored nails and swollen, painful joints.

What causes psoriasis?

Many researchers and physicians believe that psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder; the body's immune system does not 'recognize' normal skin cells, and thus attacking them. The affected skin cells then form, grow and build-up underneath the skin, which then rise to the surface over a certain periods of time. In psoriasis, the new-affected cells grow at abnormal fast rate, resulting in building up of dead skin cells on the skin's surface. Eventually, these develop to the red, itchy patches and thick, silvery scales.

In addition to genetic or autoimmune factors, certain environment factors are also believed to trigger episode of psoriasis, and they include:
1. Infections, such as sore throat
2. Injury, such as sunburn, cuts, or scrapes
3. Dry or cold air
4. Stress
5. Lack of sunlight
6. Smoking
7. Heavy alcohol consumption
8. Certain medications, such as lithium, beta blockers, and anti-malarial drugs

What are the available conventional treatments for psoriasis?
Since psoriasis is considered originates due to genetic factors, it cannot be totally cured. However, conventional treatments for psoriasis are available which aim to alleviate the symptoms (redness, itchiness and pain) and prevent further bad complications. Treatments of psoriasis are patient-specific; they are selected based on the disease's degree of severity. Some of the treatments include:

1. Topical medications
Apart form moisturizers, there are a wide range of creams, ointments, lotions, oils and soaps that can be applied to help alleviate mild to moderate psoriasis. These topical medications include steroids, vitamin D analogues, topical retinoids and coal tar. In case of severe psoriasis, where the topical medications alone fail or the affected areas are too big, combination with systemic medications or physical therapy should be considered.

2. Systemic medications
Systemic medications for treatments of psoriasis include pills and injections. These form of medications usually used to treat more severe or stubborn psoriasis. Examples of oral drugs include retinoids, cyclosporine, methotrexate and hydroxyurea. Injections include injectable biologics, which are new available treatments for psoriasis. They represent a new future in psoriasis therapy which can change life of many psoriasis patients.

3. Physical treatments
Physical treatments of psoriasis refer to light therapies. Natural and artificial light, as well as ultraviolet light, can be used to alleviate psoriasis. Ingestion of sun-sensitizing pills is needed prior the therapy to improve effectiveness. However, the newest light therapy which involves use of narrow-band ultraviolet B, is considered safer, more effective and does not require prior ingestion of sun-sensitizing pills.

What are psoriasis natural treatments?

In addition to the conventional treatments of psoriasis described before, some of the following psoriasis natural treatments can be cultivated among patients:

1. Dietary changes
Make sure to increase intake of fresh fruits and vegetables, especially those contain high content of carotenoids such as mangoes, corn, sweet potatoes, carrots and squash, as well as leafy greens and tomatoes. At the same time, follow an anti-inflammatory diet and take low fat foods.

2. Exercise
Regular physical activity may help to reduce annoying symptoms of psoriasis.

3. Mind/body
Breathing techniques, yoga, visualization, or writing a journal about daily conditions can help patients to calm themselves in fighting with psoriasis. Otherwise, hypnotherapy is worth explored as the skin is very sensitive to hypnotic stimulation.

4. Traditional Chinese Medicine
Use of herbal preparations or acupuncture may be beneficial as psoriasis natural treatment.

5. Supplements
Supplements that serve as natural sources of GLA (gamma-linolenic acid)) can promote healthy growths of skin, hair and nails. Such examples include omega-3 fatty acids (1-2 grams a day) and evening primrose oil (500 mg twice a day). Besides, it is suggested to take extract of milk thistle (Silybum marianum), two capsules twice a day for at least three months.

The information given in this article may not be sufficient to cover everything about psoriasis. However, this article at least gives basic insights to help you understanding your psoriasis better. Better understanding of your disease is the first step to overcome it. To get more information regarding psoriasis, kindly click here.

27 comments:

  1. Very helpful.....
    Keep writing.........! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey is capable of healing the abrasion as well as protecting it from infection. It has all the antiseptic and antibacterial properties that make it the best choice to deal with abrasions. It also reduces the possibility of scarring in case of deep abrasions. Only one thing you have to be careful about is the use of quality honey only.You can also read some Best Home Remedies for Skin Abrasions .

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some great tools that i definitely use for SEO work. This is a great list to use in the future..
    How to get rid of psoriasis

    ReplyDelete

  4. You're right there are so many confusing internet definitions of words. There are so many options for diets and allergies helps and home remedies--it's dangerous to try and follow them all. We provide you the best Home Remedies For Allergies . I think the best option is almost always to get a real professional advice and natural home remedies for ultimate cure.

    ReplyDelete




  5. Autoimmune diseases are chronic conditions with no cure. Treatment involves attempts to control the process of the disease

    and to decrease the symptoms, especially during flare-ups. There are so many solutions are present in the market but we

    provide you the best

    Home Remedies For Autoimmune Diseases
    which is work perfectly in all situations without any side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DermalMD Psoriasis Treatment serum worked great for my psoriasis, despite it being a thick ointment, I didn't feel like it was too greasy. Worked very well at clearing up several psoriasis spots on my hands. The smell can be a little strong, kind of smells like a mechanics shop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Skin is the most sensitive part of human body. Abrasion is a skin condition in which your upper and deeper layer of skin

    can get damaged due to certain circumstances like scratches, injuries and minor cuts. Abrasion can cause bleeding,

    wound and rashes to your skin. So, if you want an effective Abrasions Treatment
    , you can try natural treatment option. our website provides the effective
    Homemede Medicine for Abrasions
    which can help you to get rid quickly from this skin condition.

    ReplyDelete

  8. Autoimmune diseases are actually the diseases of the immune system. When I was diagnosed with a rare autoimmune system, I searched and read everything I could on autoimmunity. I then took what I learned to action and did everything I could to address this illness. After six months I was symptoms free and continue to live entirely disease free life to this day. My experience with autoimmunity is what really launched me into herbalism and the alternative health field. I tried Homemade Medicine for Autoimmune Diseases which worked really well. Natural home remedies for autoimmune diseases is a better option than medicines and you will definitely feel better after trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had small patches of psoriasis and those red bumps on my upper arms and they are all gone. I use dermalmd psoriasis serum morning and night and my skin is thanking me, It has made my skin so soft and flawless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Admin,
    I visite your website, its extremely impressive, I love it.
    Psoriasis is bark ache that changes the activity aeon of bark cells. Psoriasis absolutely starts from beneath the skin .so it is very positive things for our all over humanity..Thanks for this post..
    Psoriasis treatment
    Best Regards

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Kayla Jones,
    What a deep article is it. i really liked your article writting style. in your article you A to Z about psoriasis. psoriasis natural treatments topic is rrally appreciatable. For futher information visit this website https://www.dermicoll.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks For sharing this information regarding psoriasis treatment.
    It is really important for us!
    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,
    I am from India. I was a psoriasis patient and suffered for 35 years. I like your article as it gives a thorough knoledge of the this ugly decease. Your article is very much helpful to psoriasis patient. However I want to share that I got compete relies from this decease after using a incredible medicine which I want to share with you. Please click the below link to know the medicine.
    https://bit.ly/2NXx4qE
    I want that psoriasis patients get relief like me by the use of the same medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from psoriasis , i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband suffered psoriasis and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony of so many people who was cured from psoriasis, and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the herbal cure to psoriasis . I never imagined psoriasis has a cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. psoriasis has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on dr.oseherbalspellhome@gmail. com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony ......

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Liver/Kidney Inflamatory,Epilepsy,Infertility,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  16. My OBGYN recommends the dermalmd serum. I;ve been pregnant three times so far.. lol and used it during all three pregnancies ..stil no strecthmarks

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was diagnose with hpv virus for 5years i broke up with my boyfriend because i contracted the virus from him, luckily i found a herbalist name Dr. onokun everyone testify good of his natural treatment i picked up his address and contacted him. he truly treated me with natural herbs in a week and i got cured. i share this post because ever since i got this treatment I'm perfectly ok with my health. i contacted him through this email.. dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. i Thank God will continue to bless you more abundantly, for the good works you are doing in peoples life, I will keep on writng and posting testimonies about you on the Internet, I’m jennifer I was a HPV patient, I saw a blog on how Dr. omohan cured someone, I contacted him and also got my healing, kindly email him now on dromohanherbalmedicine@gmail.com or whatsapp him +2348164816038 God we bless you

    ReplyDelete
  19. My name is Gloria from Senegal, I came in here to confirm Hepatitis B. testimony that I red online some moths ago. I red about how Dr. Iyabiye cured one Mr. Henry and I decided to give it a try to see if my sister could be healed or cured too, behold doctor Iyabiye is indeed a sent to help people out of this miserable disease. My sister was dying of hepatitis b her stomach was swollen and complained of pains and weaknesses in her body, I came across iyabiye’s contact online while checking about hepatitis. My sister got cured after she applied his medication for a month. I am here to thank Dr. Iyabiye and to encourage people to reach him for help through: iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com Call/Whatsapp: +2348072229413

    ReplyDelete
  20. Psoriasis is a skin disorder that causes skin cells to multiply up to 10 times faster than normal. This makes the skin build up into bumpy red patches covered with white scales. They can grow anywhere, but most appear on the scalp, elbows, knees, and lower back. ... Psoriasis usually appears in early adulthood.But with Agbara Herbal soap and the cream, Use them together within 2weeks and everything about Your skin will be cleared , Buy this AGBARA HERBAL NATURAL SAOP AND CREAM from any Herbal store in Your Country Or You Visit drcureherbalhome@gmail.com, for you fast cure.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Contact Dr. Deepak Bhalla for Ayurvedic Treatment for Psoriasis. Herbal medicine for Psoriasis without any side affects. Please call +91 9810584818

    ReplyDelete
  22. Must read! My names are Olivia Perez from US New York, for a year now i have been living with this virus called Psoriasis VIRUS and i have been taking some medications from my Doctor and there was no improvement, All thanks to God almighty for using Dr Oyekpen for curing my Psoriasis Virus with the help of his powerful root and herbs...Well i do not have much to say, with all my life i will for ever be grateful to him and God Almighty for using Dr, Oyekpen to reach me when i thought it is all over, today i am now happy after the medical doctor have confirmed my status Negative, i have never in my life believed that Psoriasis could be cure by any herbal medicine. So i want to use this medium to reach other persons who is suffering from Psoriasis or any deadly disease or virus you can contact Dr, Oyekpen on his email, droyekpenherbalhome@ gmail com or call/whatsapp +2348153211563. You can also reach him on facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/Doctor-Oyekpen-102820354509294/.. website https://droyekpenherbalhom8.wixsite.com/mysite

    ReplyDelete
  23. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I NEED A LOVE SPELL THAT WILL MANIFEST WITHIN 24 HOURS CONTACT (DR DAVID) HE HIS THE BEST LOVE SPELL CASTER WHO HELPED ME RESTORE HAPPINESS BACK TO MY RELATIONSHIP WHATSAPP +1(203)-533-9214



      Good day everybody, My name is (SUNIL SINHG) I am out here to spread this good news to the entire world on how I got my Ex Wife back. It all started when my Wife cheated on me with another Man, unknowing to her that the Man is a wizard, the man cast a spell on my Wife which made my Wife change her feelings towards me and the kids and broke our 6 years marriage. I was confused and stressed because of the pains of being a single Father, so I called a friend and explained my marital challenges to him, he instructed and directed me to contact this great powerful spell caster called DR. DAVID, The main reason why he instructed me to contact DR. DAVID was because in recent times she has read some testimonies on the internet which some people have written about the powerful spell caster DR. DAVID and I were so pleased and I decided to seek assistance from him which he did a perfect job by casting a spell on my Wife and utilizing the powers of the other Man which made her come back to me and beg for forgiveness. I will not stop publishing his name on the net because of the good work he is doing. To everyone with marital problems, divorce issues, lost lover or any relationship related issues, you can contact DR. DAVID the powerful Awesome spell caster via details below. Email: awesomespelltemple@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him on +1(203)-533-9214   Website: http://awesomespelltemplem.website2.me/   https://www.facebook.com/Awesomelovepelltemple   https://awesomespelltemple.blogspot.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO8nld0qm8rNqFxdOiERw9A
       https://sunilsinhgjames.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  24. I NEED A LOVE SPELL THAT WILL MANIFEST WITHIN 24 HOURS CONTACT (DR DAVID) HE HIS THE BEST LOVE SPELL CASTER WHO HELPED ME RESTORE HAPPINESS BACK TO MY RELATIONSHIP WHATSAPP +1(203)-533-9214



    Good day everybody, My name is (SUNIL SINHG) I am out here to spread this good news to the entire world on how I got my Ex Wife back. It all started when my Wife cheated on me with another Man, unknowing to her that the Man is a wizard, the man cast a spell on my Wife which made my Wife change her feelings towards me and the kids and broke our 6 years marriage. I was confused and stressed because of the pains of being a single Father, so I called a friend and explained my marital challenges to him, he instructed and directed me to contact this great powerful spell caster called DR. DAVID, The main reason why he instructed me to contact DR. DAVID was because in recent times she has read some testimonies on the internet which some people have written about the powerful spell caster DR. DAVID and I were so pleased and I decided to seek assistance from him which he did a perfect job by casting a spell on my Wife and utilizing the powers of the other Man which made her come back to me and beg for forgiveness. I will not stop publishing his name on the net because of the good work he is doing. To everyone with marital problems, divorce issues, lost lover or any relationship related issues, you can contact DR. DAVID the powerful Awesome spell caster via details below. Email: awesomespelltemple@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him on +1(203)-533-9214   Website: http://awesomespelltemplem.website2.me/   https://www.facebook.com/Awesomelovepelltemple   https://awesomespelltemple.blogspot.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO8nld0qm8rNqFxdOiERw9A
     https://sunilsinhgjames.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete