Five Main Types of Psoriasis

How many types of psoriasis that you have heard? Even you are common with psoriasis, but you may not know that there are actually five different types of psoriasis. A psoriasis patient may have multiple types of psoriasis simultaneously, or may initially with symptoms of one type only which then over time develop symptoms of other types. The five different types of psoriasis are similar in certain features in which they are believed to originate due to disturbance of natural immune system and have tendency to be genetically inherited in families. However, they also have unique features that differentiate among them.

The five types of psoriasis are:

1. Plaque psoriasis
Plaque psoriasis is the most familiar type of psoriasis, about 80-90% of psoriasis patients are of this type. Patients usually have patches or plaques that are tender and appear as thick, red, swollen, inflamed and covered with a crusty silver scale. Patients may suffer from itchiness due to presence of the plaques. These plaques are typically seen on knees, elbows, scalp, or trunk, although they can appear anywhere on the body skin area. Plaques, once develop and grow, may remain on the skin for a period of many years.

2. Guttate psoriasis
In this type of psoriasis, one can see a presence of small, light pink or red, drop-like spots scattered especially on the trunk, limbs and/or scalp, and it is usually triggered by strep infection of throat. Skin injury, respiratory tract infection, stress and certain medications like anti-malaria and beta-blockers also can contribute to this type of psoriasis. Persons less than 30 years old are the common patients that fall under this type. Even though the symptoms of guttate psoriasis typically occur as a one-time episode, but sometimes they may reappear especially after another respiratory infections.

3. Pustular psoriasis
As its name implies, pustular psoriasis is commonly characterized by the red, tender and yellowish or whitish pus-filled blisters. In most cases, this type of psoriasis only affects the hand and soles of the feet. But, some affected patients may have the blisters on many areas throughout the body. In uncontrolled event, pustular-psoriasis patients may develop von Zumbusch-type psoriasis in which they develop systemic symptoms such as fever, chills, weight loss, nausea, headache, fatigue and joints pain.

A phenomenon known as acrodermatitis continua may develop in some pustular-psoriasis patients. This phenomenon occurs when pus of the blisters accumulates beneath the fingernails and displacing them from their original location. Similar to guttate psoriasis, pustular psoriasis can also be induced by a reaction to medications, chemicals, stress or infections. Most commonly affected are adults, even though there are rare cases involving children. Symptoms of pustular psoriasis can be acute for short-period of time, or develop to a chronic, long-term condition.

4. Inverse psoriasis
Differ to other types of psoriasis which typically cause scaly of skin, inverse psoriasis instead produces smooth red and swollen areas. The patches usually grow in the folds like of the underarms, under the breast, navel, groin and buttocks. Because of their tendency to grow in warm, damp areas, there is a high possibility of complications caused by yeast or fungi infection. The symptoms may be worsen due to sweating and rubbing. Overweight individuals are at the higher chance to develop this type of psoriasis compared to skinnier persons.

5. Erythrodermic psoriasis

Although erythrodermic psoriasis is the least common type of psoriasis, but it can develop very serious complications. Its inflamed, red, swollen, peeling skin symptoms are widespread, affecting large areas of skin and in some cases the whole body. The affected areas can cause extreme itchiness and severe burn to patients. This widespread inflammation triggers the body to counteract by increasing the blood flow to the affected areas. Since the areas to cover are very large, this forces the heart to pump harder and become strained with the extra work involved. In long term, the pumping function of the heart may be weakened and patients may develop chronic heart failure. Patients affected with erythrodermic psoriasis are at higher risk to get infection, fever and dehydration which may need hospitalization. Common triggers of this type of psoriasis include medications, especially steroids, undertreated psoriasis or excessive sunburn.

Like been told in the first paragraph, a psoriasis patient may have multiple types of psoriasis simultaneously, or develop each type over the period of time. It is in fact important to know and accurately identify the forms of psoriasis you have, so that the treatment given can be effective to alleviate the symptoms.


psoriasis_natural_treatment

11 comments:


  1. There are so many simple home remedies present in the market but which one is perfect for you no one can tell. Alcohol is a

    big addiction problem in which a person can't leave this easily. Don't fear. We provide you Best Home Remedies For Alcoholism which is

    natural, no side effects. You can take the fruits like Grapes, Apples and then try to leave slowly.

    ReplyDelete

  2. You're right there are so many confusing internet definitions of words. There are so many options for diets and allergies helps and home remedies--it's dangerous to try and follow them all. We provide you the best Home Remedies For Allergies . I think the best option is almost always to get a real professional advice and natural home remedies for ultimate cure.

    ReplyDelete

  3. When you have an autoimmune disease, your body produces antibodies against some of your own tissues. Diagnosing an autoimmune

    disease involves identifying the antibodies your body is producing. But we provide you the best Home Remedies For Autoimmune Diseases

    which is best to produce antibodies in your body.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice, simple and informative. these tips will really help.
    skin doctor in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from psoriasis , i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband suffered psoriasis and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony of so many people who was cured from psoriasis, and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the herbal cure to psoriasis . I never imagined psoriasis has a cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. psoriasis has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on dr.oseherbalspellhome@gmail. com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony ......

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from psoriasis , i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband suffered psoriasis and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony of so many people who was cured from psoriasis, and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the herbal cure to psoriasis . I never imagined psoriasis has a cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. psoriasis has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on dr.oseherbalspellhome@gmail. com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony ......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Liver/Kidney Inflamatory,Epilepsy,Infertility,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was diagnose with hpv virus for 5years i broke up with my boyfriend because i contracted the virus from him, luckily i found a herbalist name Dr. onokun everyone testify good of his natural treatment i picked up his address and contacted him. he truly treated me with natural herbs in a week and i got cured. i share this post because ever since i got this treatment I'm perfectly ok with my health. i contacted him through this email.. dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good evening to you all I want to write a shortly message to the world how doctor ehiaguna help with his great herbal medicine to cured me from this horrible virus HSV 1 and 2 I get his email from someone name Olivia mason how she was also cured by doctor ehiaguna I never believe there was cure until I meet her testimony, I contacted doctor ehiaguna I don’t believe there was cure well I am so happy to write this testimony to the world, this man immediately when I sent him email and this man response within 20 minus and give me the necessary process and the herbal was sent to within 4 day I took it according to the instruction so with 2 week I was completely cured and I get my test done I was confirm negative I am so happy if you want to get his contact you can message him with this email drehiaguna@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2348073908953 he can fix this.HIV.HEPATITIS.ANTHRAX.HPV.CANCER.ALSAND ALSO SOLVE YOUR RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good evening to you all I want to write a shortly message to the world how doctor ehiaguna help with his great herbal medicine to cured me from this horrible virus HSV 1 and 2 I get his email from someone name Olivia mason how she was also cured by doctor ehiaguna I never believe there was cure until I meet her testimony, I contacted doctor ehiaguna I don’t believe there was cure well I am so happy to write this testimony to the world, this man immediately when I sent him email and this man response within 20 minus and give me the necessary process and the herbal was sent to within 4 day I took it according to the instruction so with 2 week I was completely cured and I get my test done I was confirm negative I am so happy if you want to get his contact you can message him with this email drehiaguna@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2348073908953 he can fix this.HIV.HEPATITIS.ANTHRAX.HPV.CANCER.ALSAND ALSO SOLVE YOUR RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM

    ReplyDelete
  11. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete